Material solution: to create composite material 3D Printer
Todays’ major challenge is the shift from metal to composite in order to bring significant weight saving in the design. This paradigm however requires a dedicated tool for composite design in order to take into account the specific composite behavior. Classical design tools are not able to describe accurately the local composite material behavior, leading to introduction of safety factors and lack of confidence in the design.
Digimat technology provides design tools that give the user 100% confidence in their composites products thanks to an accurate description of the local composite behavior. Accurate material modeling allows one to reduce the “factor of safety” – allowing composite materials to used to 100% of their potential, maximizing their competitiveness against metal and leading to substantial weight reduction. Digimat tools integrate smoothly within the current FEA process, bridging the gap between manufacturing process and structural analysis.
The Nonlinear Multi-scale Material and Structure Modeling Platform
Digimat technology connects the whole value chain together (Material Suppliers, Tier1 and OEMs) and helps to:
- Investigate and predict the behavior of a large mix of composite materials
- Design & Manufacture Innovative High-Performance Composite Parts
- Minimize weight, cost and time-to-market optimal composite industrial parts
- Improve prediction of structural FEA by accounting for manufacturing process
- Reduce material testing and prototyping